Sep 24, 2007

First Day of Morning Session

Today is the beginning of a new session of teaching for me. For the past 3 years, I have always been teaching in the afternoon session. But from this week till the end of the year, I will be in the morning. What a welcoming change!

This is so because there is this particular relief teacher who is supposed to teach a Primary 1 class. However, at the very last minute, she decided to call it quits saying that she's not interested in long-term assignments. Hence, I was approached by my principal last week, asking me to teach the P1 class. So right now, my own form class which is in the afternoon session, is being managed by another contract teacher who has just joined the school about a week ago.

Frankly speaking, I prefer to teach in the morning. Maybe because I am a morning person. As it is, when I was teaching at Sembawang Primary previously, I was always in the morning session so maybe due to that, I am so used and comfortable to that session. What's more, starting next year, my school's system is changing to a 3-3 system. That means, 3 levels in the morning and 3 levels in the afternoon. Greenwood can never go for the 4-2 approach as our pupil population is quite high and there is insufficient number of classrooms to accommodate such arrangement. Hence, P1 to P3 pupils will be in the afternoon session and P4 to P6 pupils will be in the morning. I hope to be in the morning next year. I am more comfortable teacing a P4 class than any other levels but realistically, alot of teachers are also asking for P4 classes. Hmm....





NOT TOO SURE IF MY REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED!



Whatever it is.....life has to move on no matter which session you are in. Just do your utmost and show your worth and tap on your potential to achieve greater success in your career.

Till I have the time to write in here again, God bless...

No comments: