Oct 5, 2007

Super Lethargic

Arrgghhh...I am so tired! There's no way can I ever describe how tired I am these few days and I am sure this will go on till next week. Have been busy baking cookies at Mom's place I don't have a baking oven at home(should get 1 by end of this year so that I can do all the bakings at home instead of travelling to and from Mom's place every day).

I thought teaching in the morning will give me ample time to bake cookies in the afternoon. Well, it may be the case but for my situation, it's different. The moment I reach Mom's place, Hana expects me to entertain her all the way. How to bake cookies when I have to sit and play with her? In the end, I am left with only 2 to 3 hours to do the baking. Well, of course that's insufficient timing because preparing the ingredients itself requires some time. I can't get Mom to prepare the ingredients for me because there will be 2 'monsters'(Hana and Adam) who will disturb her everytime she is in the kitchen. So everything falls solely on me.

This year is also the first year that we are not accepting any orders of Hari Raya cookies and dishes as I just could not find the time to spare to bake for other people. Hubby's former colleagues have been bugging him about this year's supply of cookies and dishes. We are terribly sorry to disppoint them this year but at the same time, we do hope that they do accept our reasons for not being able to accept their orders.

So for this week and next, I will be going to Mom's place immediately after school just to do the baking. Over the weekend, we are going to bake pineapple tarts and 'makmur'. These two cookies take alot of time to do and I hate doing them but no choice lah...Mom doesn't want to buy these 2 traditional kuihs from other people. I wonder when I am going to find the time to decorate my own home when I am so busy at Mom's place. Hopefully Hubby will be able to help me do all the last minute decorations this weekend as he won't be going to Mom's place.

I am sure I will be dog-tired by Hari Raya. Mom also needs help in cleaning up her home for the Hari Raya. It's difficult to get the others in the house to help with the cleaning. t's very frustrating! I have to clean my house, clean up my mother's house and do all other chores for both houses! What do they take me for? A maid???? It's all because they know that I can handle all these things by myself. But then, it's unfair isn't it?

Ok, ok...I'd better not nag. I am tired but I still have markings to complete. Better go back to my marking or else I won't be able to go back on time today!

Till then, God bless...

5 comments:

katz said...

Did you notice?
This is the side-effect's of blogging... You get very attracted to blog .. hheheheh...
My fren used to say to me it's very 'leceh' nedd to update regularly etc... but i think not...

It's more to getting "attracted" to blogging ur thoughts... Happy Raya!
Looks like both of us are bz making kuihs!

Helmi said...

Yoohoo. If you need help, I can send my 2 little brothers over. They can take care of Hana for you, my house will be peaceful without them around, hahaha. Win win situation.

Regards

Your friendly next door neighbour.

Shahidah said...

Helmi - Pandai awak eh....Hmm...takpelah, i dah habis buat kuih pn being kuih tart the last one yesterday...mcm nak pengsan buat sorang2...my mum dah lepas tangan when it comes to baking cookies. she only bakes her layered cakes. u knw wht, on saturday i went to JB with Mimi...happening oi! semangat nak raya lagi gerek dari s'pore!

Khadijah - Alamak sis...i don't know what to say lah. Penat memang penat buat kuih..tapi fun...tak sabar i nak beraya...hahaha....Happy beraya to u and family eh!

Anonymous said...

to .. helmi...
i think hana sent to all of us better( ur bro.. mi.. mi bro ...shine...)
THE BEST NANNY IN SINGAPORE !!!
NEver employ ... sure REGRET

Shahidah said...

ya...ya....Val, Siti said, can SHUT UP!!!! Hahahahaha....